Business contact spans global APAC, European and WHQ (Cleveland) and support the Parker Network in the Asia-Pacific region. Closely work with all levels of users and IS department, solution suppliers, external consultants to provide best practical technical solution timely.
- Remote LAN/WAN Design and configuration.
- Enterprise Backbone Data Centre Infrastructure.
- Managing the Network & Communications service desk queue to ensure premier customer satisfaction and KPI’s are being met, including lead-time, quality and SLA’s.
- Troubleshooting network issues including LAN, WAN, Wireless, SD WAN.
- Working with 3rd party vendors to remediate issues.
- Administration of DHCP.
- Following the Change Management process to ensure all changes are planned, Communicated and documented.
- To be aware of and reactive to any new products, developments and systems that may lead to improvements to the network functionality or efficiency.
- To assist the team in making design changes to the network leading to increased efficiency, standardisation and simplification.
- Manages the implementation of new services and/or upgrades across all divisions.
- Provides daily operational support for the technologies supported by the team both individually and cooperatively with other Telecoms personnel.
- Ensures that software and hardware updates are regularly communicated by the relevant vendors and where applicable upgrades and patches are tested and applied to productions systems.
- Produces technical support documentation in respect of the management of the Parker Communications Network and its systems.
One to two years exposure to a WAN/LAN environment ideally in a Cisco network
A good understanding of TCP/IP and WAN/LAN principles is required. Exposure to
second line, customer facing support is required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, major in IT preferred.
Experience of LAN switching and routing technologies.
Up to date knowledge and understanding of latest networking concepts within
enterprise networks and any associated management applications.