Responsible for implementing and managing company programs and policies in a specialized and/or centralized staff function. Serves as a subject matter expert and consultant to management on company programs of significant scope and responsibility.
SCOPE/SUPERVISION AND INTERACTION
Responsible for management of all aerospace hydraulic system programs in China. Interaction with HSD, COMAC, XCAC and AVIC.
1. Applies advanced, specialized knowledge in area of unique expertise to develop and manage company programs and perform complex assignments and analyses.
2. Establishes and defines program plan requirements and directs or performs in-depth studies to determine optimum program plans.
3. Establishes program reporting systems. Reviews status of projects and/or budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
4. Monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and/or schedule objectives are met. Collects, analyzes and summarizes information and trends utilizing program management software.
5. Ensures program guidelines comply with company policy, legal requirements, and applicable government regulations.
6. Coordinates cross-functional development of project plans and programs. Interfaces with suppliers and customers and performs extensive investigation as required to fulfill project obligations
7. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications establishing networks and/or participating in professional associations.
8. Applies and may lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve the efficiency of internal systems and processes within the division and/or with corporate and customer involvement. Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses. Analyzes proposed changes in methods.
9. Acts as consultant to management on major matters. Establishes goals and objectives required to complete projects. Identifies mentoring needs. Trains and mentors less experienced employees. May provide leadership to others in department or to ad-hoc teams. May serve as functional expert.
10. Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on specific projects. Mentors new employees. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
Education and Experience
Bachelors degree (BA/BS) in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through five or more years of increasingly responsible related program administration related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Advanced, specialized knowledge of program administration principles, industry practices, regulations, and policies. Knowledge of complex legal and regulatory requirements related to program administration.
Ability to effectively assess, lead, and implement continuous improvement in critical and/or high-impact areas.
Ability to work on a complex problems where in-depth analysis and evaluation of situations or data frequently require complicated negotiations; solve a wide range of unique problems of considerable scope and complexity that may require new approaches or significant modification of standard procedure.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex policies and recommend changes to procedures. Ability to respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, vendors, customers, and top management. Proficient with standard business applications software (e.g. databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
Ability to establish program plans and report status utilizing program management software. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.