- Participates in trade associations to learn new technologies and conducts competitive benchmarking.
- Supports field sales and distributors as required to maintain company’s premier customer service position.
- Assists Territory and Regional Managers in adapting current and new products to customer need and satisfaction.
- Provides technical expertise on product to close on final sale or specification and assist with installation or commissioning.
- Assists design and manufacturing in the development of new and/or revised products according to customer requirements.
- Provides timely reports summarizing findings on a given product, project or territory.
- May be required to provide technical product training for customers and sellers.
- Keeps management aware of market/industry changes which would affect Parker products.
- Investigates market needs for innovative products and communicates them to engineering for product development.
- Systemic problem solver, the go to person for solving problems, technologies, and technical expertise.
- Team leader/player in pulling the right people together to solve problems for the customer, works well with others.
- Develops and maintains technical customer relationships to gain knowledge of future market and customer
- Research and document new technologies which may assist in growth of the company.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive technical knowledge of group, divisional, and competitive products, applications, features, advantages and benefits. Keeps up with internal and external training and development.
- Assist the divisions in planning strategy to provide the products and service required for their assigned accounts. Actively support cross divisional and group product with proper referral.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical/engineering discipline with electrical/controls expertise required, Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of related technical experience in automation - Technical competence in controls, PLCs, and plant floor networks
- Technical competence in AB-Rockwell or Siemens programming
- Ability to configure and commission network devices
- Program management experience from business model development through design and implementation processes
- Innovative / creative background and capabilities
- Ability to develop solutions to customer problems and translate the solutions into business development strategies and products
- Premier customer service mentality and proven track record
- Able to interface easily with factory floor, engineering and sales personnel
- Domestic and international travel as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills