Responsible for ensuring the Division is in compliance with governmental entities’ laws, rules and regulations. Position will establish processes and systems to assure that the Division is in compliance nationally and internationally. Additionally, will be responsible for auditing these processes to assure company remains in compliance as laws, regulations and international conditions change.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
Position reports to Planning Manager.
- Maintain and update the Division’s Import and Export Compliance Manuals, and ensure the procedures and processes contained in the Manuals are adhered to.
- Remain informed of current import and export issues, regulations and laws through the attendance of compliance training sponsored by the government and industry experts.
- Familiarize appropriate Division staff with international trade laws and regulations
- Collaboratively analyze the Division’s imports and exports ensure international, customer, and supplier requirements are met.
- Monitor international inbound and outbound orders, investigating and expediting those orders which have been delayed.
- Prepare, update, retain requisite domestic and international import and export documentation.
- 4 year college degree- 2 to 4 years experience in an import and/or export environment
- Familiarity with domestic and international import/export laws and regulations, and the ability to analyze and implement legal and regulatory revisions as they are mandated.
- Intermediate level of knowledge of popular application software programs
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.